Club Sapphire aims to provide a safe, relaxing and enjoyable environment for staff and patrons (members, visitors and guests) through the Responsible Service of Alcohol (RSA).
Our RSA House Policy aims to assist in:
- minimising harm associated with misuse and abuse of alcohol (including harm arising from violence and other anti-social behaviour)
- encouraging responsible attitudes and practices towards the promotion, sale, supply, service and consumption of alcohol
- ensuring that the sale, supply and consumption of alcohol contributes to, and does not detract from, the amenity of community life.
Registered Clubs Act
NSW Office of Liquor, Gaming and Racing
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR CLUB MEMBERS
This club is by law required to keep a register containing information that relates to the management and financial
administration of the club including:
1. A list of disclosures, declarations and returns made by the governing body and employees of the club.
2. The salary bands of the club’s Top Executives.
3. Details of the overseas travel made by the governing body and employees of the club.
4. Details of loans given by the club to employees.
5. Details of certain contracts executed by the club.
6. Salary details of club employees who are close relatives of the club’s governing body and Top Executives.
7. Details of the payments made by the club for consultant services.
8. Details of legal settlements made by the club with a member of the governing body or employee of the club.
9. Details of legal fees paid by the club for a member of the governing body or an employee of the club.
10. The club’s annual gaming machine profit.
11. The amount applied by the club to community development and support.
The club must prepare quarterly financial statements for the governing body that incorporate:
1. The club’s profit and loss accounts and trading accounts for the quarter, and
2. A balance sheet as at the end of the quarter.
Members may view the register or the financial statements by written request to the club.
Director of Liquor and Gaming
It is the policy of Club Sapphire to provide a workplace that is free from risk of injury or illness to all persons including risks to health from exposure to side-stream smoke (or passive smoking where a person is exposed to hazardous by-products of tobacco smoke.
Aims and Objectives
Smoking is prohibited in all enclosed places, and in areas where another person may be exposed to tobacco smoke, regardless of whether or not the other person also smokes. Smoking is only allowed in designated smoking areas, and these are located so as not to allow tobacco smoke to contaminate any place where other persons may be present.
Club Sapphire will identify areas where smoking is allowed, and smoking will be prohibited in all other areas.
Smokers are to ensure that they smoke only in designated areas, and endeavour to keep smoking areas clean and tidy by using ashtrays and waste receptacles provided for them at all times.
The Club will provide access to Quit programs for employees wishing to quit smoking.
Club Sapphire is subject to the provisions of the PRIVACY ACT 1988. The personal information provided by you on any application and attached documents will be used to process the application only. Failure to provide all of the requested information may result in your application being rejected. You have the right to access and correct any of your personal information that Club Sapphire holds about you.
Club Sapphire does not disclose your personal information to any other organization or person unless there is a legal requirement to do so. Club Sapphire may disclose your information to third parties that provide services under contract to the Club. These contracts require the third party to keep your personal information confidential and secure.
Your personal information, including information about you obtained as a result of you placing your membership card in a gaming or other Club machine (not ATMs), may be used by the Club for marketing purposes to improve our services and to provide you with the latest information about those services, any new related services or promotions.
If you require any further information, please contact the Secretary/Manager.
THINK! ABOUT YOUR CHOICES
Gambling more, enjoying less? For free and confidential information and advice about problem gambling, please contact
GAMBLING HELP 1800 858 858 www.gamblinghelp.nsw.gov.au
Responsible Gaming policy
Club Sapphire is committed to providing an enjoyable gaming environment that is not detrimental to our members. For most people, gaming is a recreational pastime and a form of entertainment. However, for some, gambling may begin to create problems in various areas of their lives, resulting in the loss of money they cannot afford.
Accordingly, the Clubs is associated with ClubSafe, which is committed to the responsible service of gambling. A 24 hours confidential telephone counselling service is available to members and employees by telephoning G line – 1800 858 858.
The Club has implemented the following initiatives:
- All managers involved with the service of gambling will be trained to assist members or guests who may experience problems with gambling
- Signs have been placed in appropriate locations throughout the Clubs, listing a 24 hour free and confidential telephone helpline
- Brochures promoting responsible gaming and listing counselling services are located throughout the Club
- The provisions of information relating to self exclusion
- The responsible promotion of gambling within the Club
- Signs throughout the Club informing members and guests that employees are not permitted to lend them money
- The Clubs do not allow credit betting and places restrictions on cashing of cheques;
- Employee support – confidential support is available from Management at any time.
NOT PERMITTED AT ANY TIME
- Bare feet
- Untidy, faded or frayed clothing
- Offensive T-shirts
- Men's headwear
Management decision shall be final in all matters relating to dress
NOT PERMITTED AFTER 8:00PM (9:00pm during daylight savings time)
- Football shorts, stubbies or similar
Appearance must be clean, neat and tidy at all times.
Obscene language or clothing will not be tolerated.