Download the 2015-2016 annual report for Club Sapphire here.
Download the 2014-2015 annual report for Club Sapphire here.
Download the 2013-2014 annual report for Club Sapphire here.
Download the 2012-2013 annual report for Club Sapphire here.
Download the 2011-2012 annual report for Club Sapphire here.
At the Board of Directors meetings held in April and May 2017 the Board resolved to:
1. Authorise the Building Committee to purchase “step ups”, disabled ramps and drink holders for the new greens complex.
2. To hold a members information meeting later in the year after research into the feasibility of constructing tourist accommodation and other potential developments on club land is further progressed.
3. To accept with regret the resignation of Executive Chef Derryn Mansfield and to promote current Head Chef Darren Hansen and Sous Chef Nicole Pentecost, to the position of acting joint Catering Department managers.
4. To increase MIBC Bowling membership fees from 1 July 2017 to $150 and to confirm these fees will not increase again before 2020 (Tura currently $150, Eden $145, Tathra $130).
5. To introduce a new three year Bowling membership option at $400 and to increase existing three year Social membership fees to $28.
6. After consulting the Bowling Clubs’ management committees, the Board resolve to amend its previous decision and to stage the transfer of responsibility for Affiliation Fees to the MIMBC and MIWBC over two years instead of one year. These fees are to be paid from the sections existing bank accounts not charged to individuals directly.
7. Approve ClubGRANTS Category 2 sponsorship for the Vinnies Winter Blanket Appeal, Lumen Christi College Equestrian Team, South Coast Buccaneers AFL Charity event, Merimbula Chamber of Commerce Winter Wonderland Promotion, Merimbula Tourism Charity Golf Day, Cystic Fibrosis Charity Bowls Day
8. Approve 110 new and transferring memberships:
• Social 106
• Bowls 4
The next regular monthly Board meeting is scheduled to be held on 21 June 2017
22 May 2017
At the Board of Directors meetings held in February and March 2017 the Board resolved to:
1. Continue discussions with BVSC regarding the merits of extending the new service road currently being constructed at the rear of the Club, further to the east to provide rear access to the Club’s commercial land at 95/97 Main St.
2. To receive a Hotel Research Study, commissioned by the Board, from highly experienced and well qualified market researchers Landsburys, regarding the feasibility of construction of a hotel on Club owned land. As this concept is consistent with the Club’s land development masterplan and the report’s findings were very favourable, the Board resolved to continue to investigate the merits of this concept.
3. As per Article 18 of the MIBC Ltd. Constitution, receive and approve Life Member nominations for members Ronald Christie and Brain Kennedy. The nominations were each signed by nine Bowling members, as required. Both nominations will be put before the 2017 MIBC Ltd AGM and voted on by members.
4. Close Greens 3 & 4 to bowling activities as per the resolution approved by members at the 2015 AGM.
5. Enter into discussions “From little things Parklands”, a local not-for-profit community organisation, regarding their proposal for a community garden and educational nature reserve etc. on club owned, flood prone land, adjacent to Merimbula Creek and for a large vegetable garden on No 4 green for supplying fresh produce to the Club.
6. Introduce a $5 per hour fee for rolls up for non-MIBC Bowling members.
7. Consult MIWBC and MIMBC Management Committees regarding proposed changes to 2017/18 Membership fees, affiliation fees, barefoot bowls fees and non-member roll up fees.
8. Approve ClubGRANTS Category 2 sponsorship for the Rock ‘n” Rodders Dance Festival, Merimbula Knights Pink Stump Day, local junior swimmer Georgia Caldwell, Sapphire Coast Netball Association, Sapphire Coast Runners, Merimbula & District Arts Group, Women’s Surf & Wellness Coaching Camp.
9. Approve 372 new and transferring memberships:
• Social 356
• Bowls 15
• Bowls Junior 1
The next regular monthly Board meeting is scheduled to be held on 19 April 2017
22 March 2017