Download the 2016-2017 annual report for Club Sapphire here.
Download the 2015-2016 annual report for Club Sapphire here.
Download the 2014-2015 annual report for Club Sapphire here.
Download the 2013-2014 annual report for Club Sapphire here.
Download the 2012-2013 annual report for Club Sapphire here.
Download the 2011-2012 annual report for Club Sapphire here.
At the Board of Directors meetings held in February and March 2018 the Board resolved:
1. In consultation with MIWBC and MIMBC to undertake a review of the 2014 Internal Bowls Clubs Autonomy Agreement and to amend it where required to reflect current practice.
2. To adopt the Building committee recommendations for initial works to improve comfort on and around the new greens in winter;
a. Install heaters on the bowls viewing deck
b. Request the proposed block safety wall on the eastern side of Green 1 (adjacent to the supermarket site) be installed at a minimum height of 1.4m above the road height. To also be constructed in a way that makes it practical to increase height further if required.
c. Install shade cloth to the fence on the western side of Green 2
d. To monitor the impact of the new Woolworths building and other works on prevailing winds.
3. To meet with BVSC to discuss current planning constraints on the possible hotel development on the redundant bowling greens and maintenance shed site.
4. To commission Russell Corporate Advisory to undertake a further Market Demand Study for Hotel accommodation in Merimbula and an initial Market Demand Study to establish the merits of a residential and retirement living development on other vacant club land.
5. To approve the request from MIICBC request to approve Di Symes as a Life Member of the Indoor Carpet Bowls Club.
6. Note that MakMax (the greens roof supplier) will have sub-contractors on site immediately after Easter to carry out rectification works to the gutters to improve their capacity during significant rain events.
7. To thank and congratulate senior staff member Bernie Collins for his role as a volunteer firefighter during the Tathra Bushfires
8. To meet with representives of Edwards Constructions to negotiate a solution to possible BCA non-compliant works from the 2008 renovation.
9. To approve proposed changes to the MIMBC Constitution relating to the splitting of the roles of Treasurer and Secretary, and other related items
10. Approve ClubGrants sponsorship for the Sapphire Coast Turf Club, the South Coast AFL Buccaneers Charity dayand the Merimbula & Districts Arts Group.
11. To approve a total of $40,000 be donated to the Tathra Bushfire Appeal:
a. $17,500 to the BVSC Mayoral Appeal
b. $20,000 to the “Band Together- Tathra Bushfire Appeal Concert Fundraiser”
c. $2,500 to assist the Tathra Beach Bowling Club to provide complimentary meals to those effected by the fire and volunteers
12. Approve new and transferring memberships:
• Social 220
• Bowls 2
The next regular monthly Board meeting is scheduled to be held on 18 April 2018
28 March 2018
At the Board of Directors meetings held in December 2017 and January 2018 the Board resolved:
1. To appoint the following Board committees for 2018
• Executive, Board Performance, Education and Succession (P Moore, I Martin, C Keens)
• Finance, Audit and Risk (I Martin, G Halloran, W Dejong)
• Planning (C Keens, I Martin, W Dejong, R Holt)
• Building and Maintenance (R Holt, G Halloran, I Martin)
• Constitution Review and Members Disciplinary (C Keens, W Dejong, G Halloran)
• Australian Bowls Championships (C Keens, I Martin, R Holt)
2. To phase out self-catering for internal club events and charity events in accordance with best practice food handling procedures for commercial catering venues and consistent with the Club’s current food policy.
3. Directors will continue to not utilise the designated director carparks during the Woolworths supermarket construction period due to the reduced number of car parks available in the precinct during this time.
4. To negotiate an acceptable financial contribution to the cost of installation of a new high-pressure water main in the new service road reserve north of the club, on the basis it is designed to service the Club’s four commercial development sites.
5. To negotiate a suitable financial arrangement with the builder of the proposed Aldi supermarket to utilise the Club’s land and buildings at 95/97 Main Street for a temporary site office and workers carpark during the Aldi supermarket construction period.
6. Approve ClubGrants Category 2 sponsorship of the 2018 and 2019 Merimbula Eat Festival and the Under 18 Pambula Merimbula Bulldog Rugby League side.
7. Approve 311 new and transferring memberships:
• Social 299
• Bowls 12
The next regular monthly Board meeting is scheduled to be held on 21 February 2018
14 February 2018